Day 1:

The first day at nationals was a bit crazy, but I enjoyed every minute of it! I arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm, and was sent upstairs to meet the other girls. There were about 30 girls when I first arrived, and over the afternoon the other 50 girls showed up. Since there have been so many events in Toronto, the hotel was behind on cleaning rooms so although we were supposed to get our rooms at 3, we didn’t get into a room until closer to 5pm. It was okay though, because that just meant we had more time to get to know each other!

Once we we got into our rooms, my roommate and I took a nap as we were exhausted from the long day. Around 9pm we were called back upstairs where we had our introduction party, and it was super fun! We got our new sashes, met our sponsors, and even got a few gifts!

My new Manitoba sash!

My new Manitoba sash!

After that we had pizza and salad for dinner, and eventually made our way back to our rooms for the night.

Three of my Manitoba girls!

Three of my Manitoba girls!

Day 2:

Since we had such a late night the first day, we were allowed to sleep in a bit the next morning! I woke up at 10am and got my things prepared for photo shoot and interview. We had hair stylists and makeup artists come in to style us, so we didn’t have to worry about any of that stuff in the morning, which was nice.

Since there are 82 girls to get through, hair and makeup took quite a while for me. I got upstairs at 10:30 and I didn’t leave until 5:30, so it was a long day of waiting. Once I had my hair and makeup done though, I was sent right in to do my photoshoot right away, quickly followed by my judged interview.

Once that was over, we went and had dinner in the hotel’s restaurant, and then it was back upstairs for some of us to finish our video interview. I sat in that room for a long time too, but all of us girls get along so well that it’s never boring, and we have a good time no matter what.

Eventually I got to do my video interview, and I’d say I was one of the quickest. Although it may of just been me trying to do my best and not mess up, so I could go to bed. It was close to 11pm by the time I finished!

Day 3:

Our wake up call on day 3 was for 9am, and once we were ready we headed down to have breakfast. When breakfast was over we all piled into the elevators and went back up to our rehearsal room to meet our choreographer Shawn. He practiced stance, walking, and turning with us, before teaching us our evening gown walks and our opening number. Once we got to the dancing I was super excited because I used to be a dancer, so I pick up on choreography quickly and I have such a fun time doing it! We spent all day from 10am to 5pm rehearsing (minus the hour we took for lunch), so it was another long day. My feet were killing me by the end so I took my heels off and practiced in my flats like most of the other girls did.

For the first time in a few days, we ended up leaving the hotel to go for dinner. We walked next door to the Lone Star Texas Grill and had an amazing dinner where we got to make our own fajitas. Once that was over we walked back and got to go into our rooms for an early night, which was nice because we were all quite tired. We did get called down to have our opening number dresses fitted, but once that was done we got to stay in our rooms for the rest of the night.

Overall these first three days at nationals have been so much fun, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the rest of the week!

Written by: Cheyenne

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *